Sunday, January 27, 2008

Melting Pot


This school year has been particularly exciting for several different reasons. The most obvious is that it is my last one before college. Following in second place is all the 18th birthday parties happening. It is so strange to be officially considered an adult. Personally, I still feel like I'm thirteen years old. The concept of being able to buy lottery tickets (among other things) seems completely out of place for me; however, I will admit that I have exercised my newfound right to go and get piercings. Much to my father's dismay, my nose now has a shiny new stud.

Today is a friend's birthday. Last night we all went out to celebrate at this restaurant chain called The Melting Pot. It was a bit pricey for us teens (about 25 bucks a head!), but I would have to say that the experience was definitely worth the money. The Melting Pot is a fondue place, and up until last night I had never really had a fondue experience. It was awesome! The atmosphere of the place is really cool, although it was a bit dark inside. Ten of us squeezed around one table, and we got to enjoy three different types of cheese fondue.

The waiter comes around and mixes the cheeses in front of you, and then they bring out platters of goodies (apples, breads, vegetables, chips, etc). Everyone has their own fondue forks and off you go! We finished all three pots of cheese within about fifteen minutes tops, and then the chocolate was brought out. Needless to say, the chocolate went even faster. Mmmm, it was soooo good.

No comments: