Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope that everyone enjoyed their day and was careful to keep in mind all the things we should be thankful for. :)

Around my household, the pre-holiday morning isn't such a blast. Mom whirls around the kitchen and dining room in one last attempt to make sure the rooms are spotless, and urges (against my will!) me to do the same. However, by the time the guests have arrived, the immediate family has all but settled down; we are able to thoroughly enjoy one another's presence around a great table filled with all sorts of food imaginable. Turkey, ham, potatoes (mashed and sweet), cranberry sauce... is there really any holiday better than Thanksgiving?

For our family, today marks the start of the month long Christmas celebration. Outside our lights are already blazing, and within the weekend I imagine that the Christmas tree will be up and running as well. I love this time of year-- if nothing else, it really is a season to be jolly.

No comments: